Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Screen Printing Start-up :
1st Successful Burning

I burned a design on emulsion tonight. It was successful! I did the Food Blogger icons design. I examined the stencil and realized that there are some lines that I should have made thicker. But it will do for now.

I also burned the Pinoy Blogger label cloud design and failed. I somehow expected it. The emulsified screen I used on it had issues. When I took it from the closet I saw a piece of tissue stuck on the squeegee side. It's a tissue issue! I didn't notice the damn thing where I've placed the screen - it was dark! I removed the emulsion from the bad area with lacquer thinner and applied new emulsion again. I also applied emulsion on a new screen in case the salvaged screen failed. And it did fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment